How can we reset the prognosis password

Highlighted
10 Guide

How can we reset the prognosis password

Hi All,

We are unable to login in progonosis application in one of our client server. Could you please help me how can we reset the password. Below is the screen shot of the error. Please provide the detials steps to reset the password.

AGofAZ.PNG

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How can we reset the prognosis password

Venkatesh, Prognosis does not have a password reset function within it as we support multiple forms of authentication integrations and do not have our own user database. The three most common our the native Windows Support (so contact your normal windows administrator), LDAP (Contact your LDAP Administrator), or a SAML 2.0 based SSO solution that may utilize an Identity Proxy to go out to variety of identification providers and you will need to contact the appropriate resource to let you in.

That said, if you are attempting to login and are receiving the error in your screenshot, you likely have a different problem. The Error 10061 code you see is a Windows Socket Error "Connection refused. No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running."

This 10061 error usually means 1 of a few things in Prognosis WebUI.

1) IRPQLSRV is down on the web server or the remote server it is connecting to for authentication.

2) The Windows Prognosis service is stopped entirely on the WebUI or remote server.

3) There is a network issue between Prognosis nodes.

10061 is not associated with an actual password / credential error and I believe in more recent versions of Prognosis we have started tailoring the login verbage to more accurately reflect the different error codes where in older versions we used to use a generic error. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: How can we reset the prognosis password

Venkatesh, Prognosis does not have a password reset function within it as we support multiple forms of authentication integrations and do not have our own user database. The three most common our the native Windows Support (so contact your normal windows administrator), LDAP (Contact your LDAP Administrator), or a SAML 2.0 based SSO solution that may utilize an Identity Proxy to go out to variety of identification providers and you will need to contact the appropriate resource to let you in.

That said, if you are attempting to login and are receiving the error in your screenshot, you likely have a different problem. The Error 10061 code you see is a Windows Socket Error "Connection refused. No connection could be made because the target computer actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host—that is, one with no server application running."

This 10061 error usually means 1 of a few things in Prognosis WebUI.

1) IRPQLSRV is down on the web server or the remote server it is connecting to for authentication.

2) The Windows Prognosis service is stopped entirely on the WebUI or remote server.

3) There is a network issue between Prognosis nodes.

10061 is not associated with an actual password / credential error and I believe in more recent versions of Prognosis we have started tailoring the login verbage to more accurately reflect the different error codes where in older versions we used to use a generic error. 

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Sr. Services Solution Engineer, Payments & Infrastructure – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
Blog: What Optimal Transaction Performance Means

A number of our customers use Prognosis to monitor the health of their payment systems. As part of this, they monitor the transactions flowing through the system ...

Read blog
Top Liked Members