MATCHING CDR TO FINISHED CALLS

Highlighted
IR Partner

MATCHING CDR TO FINISHED CALLS

One of my issues with prognosis is not being able to correlate CDR records with finished calls.

Is this possible ? So we can see finished calls by agent/station but how do we know we are looking at the correct call?

In my environment we use CDR from our logger to determine the CLI of the calls and which trunk group but is there a way to match the finished call to show if the call was an outbound call or inbound from the pstn and also if either what digits were dialled or what CLI did the call originate from ?

Is there a way to match up CDR with the finished calls? Can the CDR data be added to the finished call leg ?
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: MATCHING CDR TO FINISHED CALLS

Hi Jonathan,

that is a great question. First of all it is most important to underline that this is CDR vs media streams. Which means 1 CDR record for a entire call vs 2 or more call legs that Prognosis shows. There is no kind of identifier and I'm sure IR tried a lot in the past to find a usable way but its not yet there.

So what I think about. Both records have at least a start/end date timestamp, maybe that can be a starting point to use this as a filter for looking at the CDR first and drill down to another display and filter tostreams that are close in that time range helping you to find that legs (and the other way arround)

Also if there is a SBC involed Prognosis supports and it does maybe give you the CDR data you're looking for and there is a correlation of the media through Voice Quality 360. That would be for inbound / outbound.

Not too much but maybe that helps
IR Partner

Thats helpful stefan-thank you

Do you think this is worth raising as an idea into IR?
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan,

to be honest you would need to raise this with Avaya from my point of view. Both the RTCP and CDR would have to have a call ID we can match the data on. Before there's not that kind of foreign key Prognosis cannot match them. With that in place you could probably already set up a display youself showing both types of information.
IR Partner

thanks stefan