Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Remove from web" not working in Prognosis 11.2p4

Guillaume
05 Base Camper

"Remove from web" not working in Prognosis 11.2p4

Hi,

Since Prognosis 11.2, the "Remove from web" feature doesn't seem to work anymore.
The dashboard's corresponding views are not removed from "query_user.xml" and the .dashboard file is not removed either.
Using procmon from MS I don't see any process even trying to access the "\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Dashboards" folder.
I do see publishToWeb.exe accessing that same folder when I use the "Send to web feature".

I'm using the local "administrator" account, needless to say this account is admin on Windows, Prognosis SECURITY and RBS is disabled (Public Security role grants admin rights to everyone).
I've tried this on both production servers and freshly installed lab VMs, using Prognosis 11.2 up to Prognosis 11.2 patch 4, no changes.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: "Remove from web" not working in Prognosis 11.2p4

Guillaume,

I can confirm what you saw. This is a bug possibly since we introduced 'User' directory for custom displays. When removing a display that sits in 'User' directory, prognosis is still looking for the display in 'Dashboards' directory and hence fails to delete the file.

E.g:
2017-09-28 14:33:26.840 Info FileTransferClient DeleteFile file : C:\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Dashboards\Search Alerts.dashboard is not found on server

But If I delete a product dashboard (not recommended) it is able to delete it.
2017-09-28 14:35:59.206 Info FileTransferClient DeleteFile file : C:\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Dashboards\Insight DB Overview.dashboard deleted from server

In terms of associated views, let me check if these are supposed to be cleaned up or not. Leave it with me and I'll raise an internal ticket for R&D to fix.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Thanks Shoaib.

For now I remove the views and files manually.
Fortunately I don't have to remove dashboards everyday Smiley Happy

Have a great one!

You don't have to remove the views from query_user.xml. There is no harm having many views in the file as long as they are not used. If a view from a dashboard that doesn't exist, is still in query_user.xml, its just using a small KB of disk space in the file, otherwise, it is not being used anywhere. Remember, all views are on-demand and would be deleted from memory after 3 intervals of 'No Use'.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

You're right, I just like to keep things neat and tidy Smiley Happy