Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the utility for receiving AEP SNMP Traps

Guillaume
05 Base Camper

What's the utility for receiving AEP SNMP Traps

Hi,

In the Prognosis documentation for configuring AES devices, it's mentioned that SNMP traps should be sent to Prognosis.
Since we rely on another tool for receiving and processing SNMP traps, I'm wondering what is the point of receiving AEP traps in Prognosis?

I saw that the default AEP threshold has 3 conditions monitoring the AEPTRAP record.
My understanding is this record is filled in by the AVAYA_CONTACT collector, and not by the IRSNMPTR collector.

Are the AEP traps also used to fill in some other records or are they just used for the AEPTRAP one?

Depending on that, we may need to send AEP SNMP Traps to both Prognisis and our other tool.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What's the utility for receiving AEP SNMP Traps

Guillaume,

your understanding is correct. These traps are not handled by IRSNMPTR collector and hence we look for specific traps in the contact center collector.

VARBIND:1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.4.1.0 MATCHES %3.6.1.4.1.6889.2.17%

Also, count of all these traps is used to feed into SNMPTPCT field of ACCSUM summary record. It is however not used in threshold. But if you ever wanted to alert when an AEP has more than X total traps (all seventies), then it may become handy.

Let me know that answers your question.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Thank you Shoaib, it does.

So not receiving traps from AEP devices in Prognosis won't impact our ability to monitor them (traps will be sent to another tool).

Great. Good to know.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib