Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is PQL in Prognosis?

Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

What is PQL in Prognosis?

Hi,

May I know what is PQL in Prognosis? How it is used in Prognosis? Also, please share the benefits and how to configure this functionality in Prognosis.

Regards,
Makesh
3 REPLIES 3
Anon
Community Manager

Re: What is PQL in Prognosis?

HI Makesh,

may I ask you to view this artile in the online documentation under Home > Operations > PQL
Here an extract:
################
PQL or Prognosis Query Language, is a subset of the ANSI Structured Query Language (SQL), with a number of minor semantic and syntax changes to fit the Prognosis data request model. PQL remains fairly understandable to people with basic SQL knowledge.

Prognosis provides a number of ways to retrieve data. These include the Prognosis Web application, Windows Client and IRCLVIEW. While exporting a rich set of features, these data retrieval mechanisms represent a custom interface, requiring specific knowledge of the product to extract required data. The custom nature of these interfaces presents a usability issue when users try to customize and/or extend Prognosis.

Prognosis data is organized into records, each comprising a number of fields. In ANSI SQL terms, a Prognosis record can be seen as a table and each field in a Prognosis record can be seen as a column. In SQL, tables are made up of columns. A column contains a particular piece of information within a table. Each column in a table has an associated data type. A data type defines what type of data the column can contain.
##############
Anon
Community Manager

So if you're interested in this internal service that is used e.g. by the WebUI to request information, you can do it by using the REST API
https://online.prognosis.com/files/downloads/p10.1/prognosis10-1-rest-api-user-manual.pdf

or you utilize irpqlcli.exe (under C:\Prognosis\Server) directly, but be careful and read the help first.
Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your information. I'll let you know if any additional information needed.

Regards,
Makesh