Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice quality monitoring in Mediant-500 SBC

Venkatesh
10 Guide

Voice quality monitoring in Mediant-500 SBC

Hello All,

We have recently added Mediant-500 SBC in prognosis. Verified everything looks good.

I just want know how can we monitor the voice quality data for this device in prognosis.

I have gone through the link "https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/116/prognosis-for-unified-communications-13603845.html#tab-Medi... in IR community portal but I couldn't find any information about voice quality configuration. Could you please help us how can we enable voice quality in prognosis for Audio codes SBC. What configuration we need to do to monitor this data in prognosis

Voice quality.PNG

Thanks,

Venkatesh

1 REPLY 1
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: Voice quality monitoring in Mediant-500 SBC

Hello Venkatesh,

This Prognosis 11.6 Online Help page lists the AudioCodes Mediant SBC and Media Gateways types and versions supported: Supported Products for Unified Communications

This Prognosis 11.6 Online Help page describes how to configure the AudioCodes Mediant SBC to be monitored by Prognosis and the steps for setup in Prognosis: Configuration for AudioCodes SBC.

• NOTE: the link in step 2 describes how to verify the AudioCodes Mediant SBC for the Voice Quality License (RTCP-XR) is present, along with the SNMP and RTCP setup.

This Prognosis 11.6 Online Help page shows how to configure the AudioCodes Mediant Gateway (not SBC) to be monitored by Prognosis: Configuration for AudioCodes Network Devices.

The function of the AudioCodes Mediant device will determine if it should be added to Prognosis as an SBC or Gateway. Only 1 configuration should be used, not both.

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin