cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing multiple Cisco TelePresence Clusters in Prognosis with Cisco Video Monitoring v3.03

Nicole_Clinard
05 Base Camper

Viewing multiple Cisco TelePresence Clusters in Prognosis with Cisco Video Monitoring v3.03

I have Cisco Video Monitoring v3.03 installed on 2 Monitor nodes each monitoring a separate Cisco TelePresence Cluster and Endpoints. The installation package is added so that I can only look at Cisco TelePresence device status through View Systems on the Prognosis Manager node and not from the Monitors directly.

When I login to view systems on the Prognosis Manager and go to Video > Cisco I see the tree of various TelePresence Devices, and they are displayed all together instead of separated via Cluster like they are under PBX or Contact Centers.

As I add more TelePresence Clusters under support I'm worried that the view will be confusing and make cause mistakes, or difficulty in reviewing status if my cluster devices are all mixed together.

Is there a setting I missed in installation that caused this? Is this a known issue with a work around or future update to address it? Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Viewing multiple Cisco TelePresence Clusters in Prognosis with Cisco Video Monitoring v3.03

Nicole, are you referring to the web UI or the desktop/thick client? The web UI components traditionally are only installed on the management node so it may explain why you are seeing the behavior you are. This applies to CiscoVideo as well as the web packaging is only applied to the management node.

We may be able to apply the web views to the monitoring nodes as well if you have it installed on the monitoring nodes but it may be best to reach out to your consultant that did the installation to discuss.

Thanks,
Rand
Nicole_Clinard
05 Base Camper

Re: Viewing multiple Cisco TelePresence Clusters in Prognosis with Cisco Video Monitoring v3.03

I think you're right in that we only installed the web views on the Manager Node. I'll follow up with my consultant team to make sure it's okay to add it to the Monitor Nodes as well. This diverts from providing a centralized view for my support team, but we need to be able to see our TelePresence clusters separately to avoid confusion in assessments and troubleshooting.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Nicole,

I think I understood what you meant, but would like to know if we can make it easier to separate them out. On the 'All Video Systems' display (when selecting Video in navigation) how many rows of data do you get? multiple (1 per cluster) or single? If you can share the screen, that would be great.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Nicole_Clinard
05 Base Camper

I'm limited in what I can show in screen grabs as I don't want to display customer data. I I'm monitoring Telepresence for 4 customers , and having their devices all mixed together isn't working out very well. All the Conductors are in one list, all the Expressways are in one list, and I assume all the endpoints would show up in one big list as well, but I can't get them to show up at all, yet. What I really need is to see TelePresence Devices grouped by cluster. I also need cluster separated for customers to be able to view their own environment status via dashboard.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Seems like our design did not cater for multiple/mix environments.

A proper fix would be to allow multiple navigation groups based on cluster and segregate data based on selected group/cluster. This would also mean to update packaging to filter data on 2nd layer of displays and so on.

Another useful option, that might work from customer's perspective is that a customer, based on RBS setup, should only be able to view data belonging to their role/customer. Can you please confirm if RBS would work to limit whats visible to each customer?

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Nicole_Clinard
05 Base Camper

Is there an issue with installing the plugin to publish the dashboards for TelePresence on the individual Monitors, instead of the Prognosis Manager only? That would solve most of my issues.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

It may or may not. By design, monitoring nodes don't need to have webUI role installed. However, if you do have the webui installed on monitoring nodes and can be accessible by customers, then giving them access to web on monitoring node might work. This would also mean that you have to run the databases locally on the monitoring nodes as well as some of the rest api objects necessary for the reports.

Thanks,
Shoaib
Nicole_Clinard
05 Base Camper

So it sounds like I'll need support to get this done correctly. Is properly installing TelePresence on the Monitor VMs considered a support case to fix functionality, or T&M for added feature? I'm hoping all I need is the instruction set to do it myself so I can document the process and repeat it.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

let me know if you don't have the latest documentation. The deployment section provides instruction for both monitoring and managing, but in this case, we'll have to do all the steps for monitoring + some steps from managing node.

We can probably get on a session and update one of the monitoring nodes and you can note down the additional steps for you to replicate on other mon-nodes.

Thanks,
Shoaib