Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UC Reporter not starting post 11.4 upgrade

Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

UC Reporter not starting post 11.4 upgrade

Hi,

We have upgraded our environment to Prognosis 11.4. Able to upgrade all the components except UC Reporter. Post upgrade we ran the following command as per guide and getting error message. Also unable to start the UC Reporter service though its saying already installed. Please let me know how to fix this issue.

SetupUCReporter -i= \REPORTERSQL -A=\PROGNOSISREPORTER -a=reportersql -s=Letter

Error Message: 1/20/2018 6:53:50 AM - Error: Prognosis UC Reporter Service is already installed. If you want to re-install, uninstall first.

DB: SQL Express edition 2008
UC Reporter is installed on Prognosis Management node.

Regards,
Makesh
2 REPLIES 2
Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

Re: UC Reporter not starting post 11.4 upgrade

Hi,

Now the above mentioned error message is gone after reset the password for the users. Able to initiate re-installation of UC Reporter. However, it is throwing the below error message and exit. I changed the sql instance password in PASSWORD configuration as well but no luck.

1/20/2018 11:14:17 AM - Error: Cannot access passwords configuration

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

Regards,
Makesh

Re: UC Reporter not starting post 11.4 upgrade

Hi Makesh,

Just to close the loop on this issue, it appears the following was identified by the Support Team:

1. SetupUCReporter command failing with user error
- This was addressed by re-enabling the public profile entry in the webui administration section which allowed the setup script to complete successfully.

2. Setup command now ran and installed everything, however the Services would not start.
- The logs indicated there was a problem opening word during startup. This was addressed by changing the DCOM setting from 'This User' to 'Interactive User' and the services were then able to start.

Regards,
Scott