cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a Session Manager customer name (Prognosis 11.2)

Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Set a Session Manager customer name (Prognosis 11.2)

Hi,

I need to set the customer name of several Session Managers.
To do this, I edit the AVAYA_PBX configuration and I manually add the "customer" parameter for each of the Session Manager entry and I start the configuration.
Sample configuration extract:
ADD SESSION_MANAGER(\MYSM, customer=CustomerA, site=There, ip=1.1.1.1)

For some reason, the customer field of the corresponding Session Manager nodes in the PrognosisNode record stays empty.

I tried restarting the collector and then Prognosis, it didn't help.

Being a service provider, we manage several customers and need all of the nodes to be identified with their customer name. Having an empty customer name will prevent our customer-dedicated teams to view these devices in the WebUI (we use ACL to only show the customers' nodes to the team responsible for it).

We also use a bunch of dynamic NodeGroups to manage things like custom databases source nodes. These NodeGroups heavily rely on the nodes' customer to be populated with the customers' nodes.

How can I make sure the customer field gets properly populated?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Set a Session Manager customer name (Prognosis 11.2)

Hi Guillaume,
The customer name/field syntax looks correct so I'm not sure why this would not properly report. I would try removing the session managers completely from Prognosis, starting the configuration, and then bouncing Prognosis if possible. Once restarted, re-add the session managers with the customer details and validate they populate properly.

The syntax is:
ADD SESSION_MANAGER (, ip= , customer=, site=)

Give it a try and et me know the results.

Thanks,
Randy
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Re: Set a Session Manager customer name (Prognosis 11.2)

Hi Guillaume,

Be sure you configure the same value against the system manager line as well. It is treated as a cluster so we would expect the Customer= to be the same on all SYstem / Session Manager nodes for that cluster. I think if you ensure you configure it the same for all lines, it should work.

http://help.prognosis.com/dr/Prognosis_11-2/mergedProjects/Unified_Communications/HTML_Files/Avaya_Aura_SM/Configuration/AvayaAuraSM_AvayaPbxConfig.htm

Alternatively, you could configure it in the webui and it would do it on all lines automatically for you. Have a look at the following help topic for adding session manager using the web. Note how it has a customer field but its pre-populated. I think this supports the fact that they all need to be configured and they all need to be the same: http://help.prognosis.com/dr/Prognosis_11-2/mergedProjects/Unified_Communications/HTML_Files/Avaya_Aura_SM/Configuration/AvayaAuraSM_SelectSessionMgrs.htm

I hope this helps.