cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDN 2.4 traffic to IRMON - 500 server error?

Freddi_Guerrero
05 Base Camper

SDN 2.4 traffic to IRMON - 500 server error?

Hi I am receiving a 500 server error whenever SDN manager sends in flight data to IR MON subsciber. The error points to SdnVersionDispatcher on the 500 server error response, anyone else have this issue?

[truncated]
TypeError: Cannot read property 'publish' of null
   at SdnVersionDispatcher.(anonymous function).(anonymous function) [as dispatch] (C:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\microservices\sfbSDNReceiver\SdnVersionDispatcher
3 REPLIES 3
Cory_Wagner
IR Partner

Re: SDN 2.4 traffic to IRMON - 500 server error?

Getting the same thing reguardless if using SDN 2.4 or 3.0.   Getting this on 11.4 Patch3.

Freddi_Guerrero
05 Base Camper

Hi Cory, we found the issue to be a problem with 11.4 when setting up a separate MON and MAN server, that the "messaging" folder in the monitoring node does not get installed in \prognosis\server\configuration.

To resolve this, we installed the lastest 11.4 patch to both MON and MAN server, then copied the messaging folder from the MAN server using the above path then restarting the service, after the 500 server errors disappeared and we saw SDN live traffic come through.

Apparently the folder contains keys to allow encrypted SDN traffic to flow between the MON and MAN server over port 5671 if you check netstat, this port may not have established connections between the MON and MAN server if its the same problem I experienced. This will be resolved after doing the above steps. Hope this helps.

Cory_Wagner
IR Partner

That worked.  I had to just copy one folder which was the "Keys" folder on the Management Node.