cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading external data for display

MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Reading external data for display

Is it possible to read in external data from a Database or CVS and display into Prognosis. Trying to find a way to map our subnets in Infoblox to the subnets in Skype so we can provide locations details on poor performing subnets.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Reading external data for display

Matt,

Is is just displaying data from a csv into a display or you want to associate/map it existing prognosis records as well. The formal can be achieved via a simple EXTRACTOR. The later would need PACE solution.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Hi Shoaib,

I have a csv file that lists our subnets. One thought would be to create a display with this and use the subnet display from Skype to click to drilldown to see the subnet information details from the csv data. This is probably the easiest option if we can the csv to create a display. Another possibility (more cumbersome) is to dump subnet performance data from Prognosis into a database like MySQL and also pull data into the database from our InfoBlox and create a query and then be able to display this query in Prognosis.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

perhaps a simple extractor that reads csv data into a new record would get the data into prognosis. Then you can use drill down and pass filters to only show relevant data per subnet etc. If you haven't written an EXTRACTOR before, this may become a challenge, but if you want professional services to engage on this, we can have few sessions to write one together, so that you maintain it on your own and modify as needed.

Other option is to have a standalone Custom Solution that we build for you, and that would require scoping the work and the typical drill.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Thanks Shoaib! I have not done an Extractor before. Is there good doc on it? I can give it a go and/or setup a meeting.

If you just type 'Extractor' in help, you would find some examples.

You can try below path for examples as well.

You are here:- Home > Prognosis for Infrastructure > Prognosis for Distributed Systems > Application Development Interface (ADI) > File Extractor > Extractor Scripts > Example Extractor Script

There are also a bunch of extractors in Server\Configuration directory with a .EXT extension. E.g wvlog.ext processes our wvlog.txt file and feeds into WVLOG record.

Thanks,
Shoaib