Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis v11.1 Syslog

Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Prognosis v11.1 Syslog

All,

Good morning.

I have a requirement to retain a certain amount of Syslog data for a customer. At this time I don't know whether time period will be several days, weeks or months of data. In following the documentation surrounding configuring Prognosis Syslog, and having successfully configured this functionality I understand that there is a SYSLOG database that needs to be started and running. Taking the requirement in consideration, is there a method to archive off this SYSLOG database on weekly intervals, or do I just make the SYSLOG database big enough to handle the amount of data required and let it roll off.

Any input or best practices would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon
2 REPLIES 2
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Prognosis v11.1 Syslog

Hey Jon, I hope you are doing well!

The default size for the packaged syslog DB is approximately 4G. You should be able to modify this to whatever is desired as long as you have available drive space on the server. there are no wrap preferences configured by default so you may also want to add those at some point.
You could create a summary to save off the data on daily or weekly intervals if desired. It should be fairly simple to accommodate! let us know if you need a hand setting it up.
Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Re: Prognosis v11.1 Syslog

Randy,

How are you?

I think configuring the summary to save off the Syslog data is the best option. Once I get more clear requirements from the customer I'll indeed reach out for a hand in setting this up. I wanted to verify that I had the capability to offer this service to the customer.

Thank you so much.

Jon