Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis v11.1 - Regex.

Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Prognosis v11.1 - Regex.

Adam,

Good morning. I hope all is well today.

It seems I actually need help with a condition.

The Requirement:
I need to add another level of monitoring for the CUP services. In an effort to achieve that, I wanted to use the “CallManagerApplianceService” data view definition since it has an Elapsed Time field. I want to use the first two digits in the field to configure a condition to alert when a service has been down less than “x” days.

In the condition Where Clause (not working) below I’m trying to get Prognosis to give me everything with the first two digits in the Elapsed Time field that is less than 15.

CallManagerApplianceService – Elapsed Time Field:
Elap
Time
155-21:38:53
155-21:38:53
13-02:46:30
11-02:48:12

Partial Where Clause:
ELAPSEDT < MATCHES REGEX "^15"

Thank you sir,

Jon
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Prognosis v11.1 - Regex.

Hi Jon,

this may be much easier than using regex. You can use built in prognosis functions to filter out data older than x days. E.g in this case, you would like to have:

ELAPSEDT < 15 Days

Try it out and see if it filters data accordingly. E.g if you just apply to a display that showed above data, you should only get top 2 rows. Let us know if this works?

time-clause.png

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Shoaib,

Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed. I thought since I was only interested in the first two characters in the field I would have to use Regex to find my criteria.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you sir,

Jon

Jon,

Glad to know that.

If it was a string field, we could have used regex to do matching on the text.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib