cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis compatibility with windows server 2022

Deepan
05 Base Camper

Prognosis compatibility with windows server 2022

Is prognosis version 11.9 (and further versions) compatible with windows server 2022?
If monitoring server is on windows 2022 and management server is on 2012 R2, do we forsee any problems?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Scott_Clement
Expert

Re: Prognosis compatibility with windows server 2022

Hi @Deepan,

Windows Server 2022 hasn't been officially validated by R&D at this stage. It's more likely to be annouced as part of a release, however I'm unable to provide a firm timeframe for when we expect this will be.

I have installed 11.9 with the latest patch onto a lab system running Windows 2022 Server without any issues. The local server metrics display as expected and I couldn't locate anything in the Prognosis error log that was cause for concern.

With regards to running a different version of Windows operating system on two systems hosting Prognosis, I'm also not aware of any underlying issue that would exist between 2012R2 and 2022 specifically. As long as you're running the same or higher version of Prognosis on the managing node, Prognosis should be able to communicate with any monitoring nodes underneath it in the topology.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have further questions!

Regards,

Scott Clement

Deepan
05 Base Camper

Hi Team,
If we upgrade the windows and raise cases afterwards for any issues with Prongosis, will IR be supporting the applicaiton as ususa? 
Also, if we revert back to the older version of windows, will this affect the application any how? 

Scott_Clement
Expert

Hi @Deepan,

If it's a general issue we identify in any of the Collaborate, Infrastructure or Transact solutions, we would provide support as usual.

If we identified an issue that's specific to the Windows 2022 Server OS itself, we wouldn't be able to provide support for that type of issue until we've announced support for that version.

I couldn't identify if it's actually possible to rollback from a Windows 2022 Server upgrade, so my recommendation would be to ensure you take a complete backup of the Prognosis, PrognosisData and PrognosisBackup directories before making any changes.

Then, if you need to restore/revert back to the previous version of OS you would only need to do the following:

1. Install the same version of Prognosis you were running previously.
  2. Restore your complete backup over the top of the new installation.

I hope this answers your additional questions.

Regards,

Scott Clement