cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis and Avaya 7.x

Anon
Community Manager

Prognosis and Avaya 7.x

What is IRs roadmap for the Avaya 7.x environment? I see very little documentation for anything in the 7.x world.
5 REPLIES 5
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Re: Prognosis and Avaya 7.x

Ken,

is your question re ASBCE7.x? We already have a CPS solution for ASBC7.1. There may be RTCP support coming in for 7.2, but it is a future item and only discussed as an option.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Anon
Community Manager

Please share the documentation for Avaya SBC-E 7.1 configuration because what I see for Prognosis 11.3 is Avaya 6.x configs.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Ken,

It is not part of the core product and hence documentation doesn't specify it either. However, I'll check with my team here to verify if you automatically get the 7.1 support or not. I'll get back to you shortly.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
DAN WEBER
05 Base Camper

I've noticed that since upgrading to Avaya v7 we've run into a few issues with Prognosis on v10.4. Most notably the change in commands for media-gateways. In Avaya Aura v7, they picked up support for media servers (AAMS) which also changes the commands for Communication Manager. For example, "List Media" will no longer succeed as you need to be more specific and use "list media-gateway" or "list media-server".

This results in all our media-gateways showing as 'unknown' state... and the media streams associated with them are also unknown sources. I imagine this is resulted in future releases, but would be helpful if someone could point me in a direction for an interim resolution?
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Dan,

welcome to ir forums. I just checked and in 11.x version, I can already see us using 'list media-gateway' and 'status media-server' commands as you mentioned above.

I can also confirm that 10.4 had 'list media-gateway' command and did not have 'status media-server' command that feeds into a record called AVMEDSV

Are you planning to upgrade to latest version any time soon? An upgrade would probably fix the issue in hand. Otherwise, we may do some customisations to the 10.4 solution, you can reach out to your account manager from ir side.

Thanks,
Shoaib