In a Prognosis Skype for Business (SfB) Monitoring deployment, nodes are assigned with one or more roles. Each role defines a node's functionality and capability in terms of:
- collecting data from MS Skype for Business deployment
- processing raw data
- flowing data between Prognosis nodes
- populating Prognosis SfB webpages
Prognosis Skype for Business Roles
Global Role / Node
- Provide APIs that populate conversations data to Prognosis SfB webpages (e.g. Conversations, Session Details page, etc.).
- Request and aggregate conversations data from multiple Regional nodes.
Regional Role / Node
- Manage call states by aggregating and processing data (e.g. SDN call events, SQL data, etc.) collected on Monitoring nodes.
- Store SfB Conversations data and index them for fast searching.
Monitoring Role / Node
- Collect metrics such as server statistics (WMI), users (LDAP), SfB completed calls (SQL) and Windows Events.
- Act as the subsriber point to receive live Skype for Business SDN data and push to Regional node(s).
- House the Prognosis SfB site configuration (e.g. site - customer mapping, site - frontend mapping).
One node can be assigned with one or more roles. When Prognosis SfB Monitoring solution is configured using Prognosis WebUI:
- The node to which Prognosis WebUI connects is always assigned with Global Role.
- Regional role can be assigned to nodes through the "Manage Prognosis Regions" page.
- Monitoring role is assigned to nodes when adding a new Skype for Business Central site to be monitored.
- One node cannot be assigned with Global and Monitoring role without being assigned with the Regional role.
Role assignment can be flexible to support a variety of deployment requirements such as data sovereignty,organisational administration structure, service provider, hardware utilization.