Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis APIs for large data sets polling by another system

Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Prognosis APIs for large data sets polling by another system

Hi,

Are there available APIs in Prognosis that would allow an external system to pull data from it?

I know of the REST API, which we already use today for small data sets but that requires lots of manual work and computing for requesting large data sets (CMCALL during peak hours for instance).
I also know about irpqlcli that allows to run queries using the command line, but once again it's probably not recommended to gather large data sets from this kind of tool.
I know Prognosis can push data, either to CSV files or ODBC connections, but this requires too much configuration work beforehand.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Prognosis APIs for large data sets polling by another system

Hi Guillaume,

As you mentioned, REST API is best suited for small-medium data set. We use odbc for Big Data Insight push, for advanced reporting that is capable of handling large volume of data.

With both CSV and ODBC, you just have to configure a database once and then you can keep adding new data source (Record) to the same DB.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Hi Shoaib and thank you for your answer.

Like I thought, ODBC is the way to go.
I've been doing some testing with MariaDB.

Have a great day

let me know how it goes.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

So far it works flawlessly, data is being pumped in by Prognosis, there's no data duplication (double inserts) thanks to the primary keys.

I really can't complain, it works great Smile

Lovely Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Shoaib