Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prognosis API

Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Prognosis API

Adam,

We’re working to replace our MoM in the near future and I have been asked if Prognosis has an API that can integrate alerts from other tools. I know that Prognosis can send alerts to HP Openview and IBM Tivoli out of the box but is there any other method of integration? The tool that we're moving to can indeed receive SNMP Traps, which is the method we have been using since day one. We would like to see of there are any options outside of the SNMP Traps.

Thank you sir,

Jon
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Prognosis API

Hi Jonathan,

Out-of-box, SNMP Traps and emails are the options. However, we have done custom integration for ServiceNow as well as Maxima and few others.

It all depends on what interface other ticketing system has, i-e, push tickets from Prognosis or pull from Prognosis. Pulling is easier of the two as Prognosis provides REST API data over http. Push method would require understanding of the interface provided by ticketing system and developing an intermediate utility between prognosis and the system.

If you can provide some details about the other ticketing system and what interfaces it has, we might be able to provide better LoE.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Jon,

I do believe we might have solutions for certain products (I.e. Service Now).

Can I confirm what direction you want the traffic to interact: Is it data from the other application to Prognosis, or sending our data from prognosis to this other application?

Do you mind sharing the name of the application so I can check with our teams? (If you want to keep this part private - just email me the name and I will keep it off this post)
Anon
Community Manager

Hi Jon,

to further the comments above, we also can craft a custom solution if needed. We have done similar for Netcool as well as those mentioned above.

Let us know and collectively we should be able to come up with a solution!

Randy
Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

All,

Good afternoon.

I just heard back from the Zenoss Engineer. It seems he would be interested in learning more about the REST API as they would be using the pull method. Is there any documentation you can provide?

Thank you so much,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'll check if we have any customer facing documentation on Prognosis REST API.

But Idea is very simple. Data is made available through a PQL statement defined in the rest api doc.

Then other programs can access the rest object via https, after being authenticated in prognosis. Returned data is in the form of a JSON object that can be manipulated by the other programs. Would this work for you?

rest.png

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Jon,

I did secure REST API documentation for another customer. Were you still needing a copy as well?
Jonathan_Beaver
IR Partner

Adam,

Good morning.

Yes please, I would appreciate a copy of the REST API documentation.

Thank you so much,

Jon
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Jon,

Email sent with links to 3 key files you need for REST API.

Note: Any other customer's reading this and need REST API, If you could post a new forum topic explaining your needs we can get you a copy too. It is just important we track who has a copy. Explaining what you plan on using it for helps us let you know if REST API is suitable too.