Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Prognosis from trying to poll Cisco gateways

Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Prevent Prognosis from trying to poll Cisco gateways

Hi,

One of our customers has some Cisco CVP servers (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/customer-collaboration/unified-customer-voice-portal/index.html).
They seem to be registered and interacting with the CUCM as gateways would.
Hence, Prognosis discovers these devices as gateways and tries to poll them accordingly.

My issue is that we shouldn't be monitoring these devices and the Prognosis polls are generating lots of alarms on the CVP servers.
Note that there are also real gateways that we do need to monitor.
Both "real" gateways and CVP servers use the H.225 protocol.

I need to specifically exclude these CVP servers from the Prognosis polls but I still need Prognosis to poll the "real" gateways, how can I achieve this?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Prevent Prognosis from trying to poll Cisco gateways

I'll check internally if it is possible or not.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Hi Shoaib,

Thank you Smiley Happy

There are some external options (FW rules to block traffic for instance) but it's a bit more complex to setup in our environment.

Got the answer internally:

I looked at this and there is no easy way at the moment to do that, the quickest way would be to change the xml solution to pick up a csv (or cleaner way from static conf) to adjust the SNMP control input and just before the presenter as well to skip monitoring/presenting the data.
The best way is to learn about how CVP is set up as gateway in CUCM to see if we can work it out without user intervention, but that’s need some research/feasibility to be done first.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Guillaume
05 Base Camper

Hi Shoaib and thank you for researching this.

It would be nice to have this capability in future versions.
We also had related cases in the past where some VGs were provisioned but not yet fully operational, leading to multiple false alarms. Modifying the related condition rules where clauses to include or exclude only a subset of the VGs is a pain.