Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone registration count is not populating

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Phone registration count is not populating

Hello Team,

We could not able to get the phone registration count in prognosis ,a part from this i can see all data populating on the other tabs like calls , services and call quality. 

Can anyone help me how to resolve the issue.I have restarted the prognosis service in windows but no luck.

Thanks in Advance,

phani

phone registratin is 0 count..phone registratin is 0 count..

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Phone registration count is not populating

Hi Phani,

Prognosis performs an SNMP poll to capture phone status for Cisco. I would validate the SNMP credentials and re-enter them into the Prognosis Passwords configuration.  Details for this can be found in the online help under 'Prognosis for Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications Manager > Configuration > Cisco Setup > Set SNMP Credentials'

Generally when we show "status unknown" it means that there is a missmatch in SNMP credentials. Often due to a missmatch between the Pub and the Subscribers.

hope this helps!

Randy

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
Senior Professional Services Consultant
MCSA Office 365, MCSE Communications, MCSE Productivity
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hi Randy,

Hope you are doing great..!

I have verified and updated the SNMP community string and credentials but still it is now working. i found the database recording happinng on the phones. Still phone count is showing  0. Due to this we are unable to pull the logs of the phones.

Please check the screen shots for your reference.

Thanks,

Phani

recording.JPG

ph reg count.JPG

Hi Phani,

I posted a reply to this but it appears to not have been saved. My apologies!

Try re-adding the SNMP string into the Prognosis passwords configuration for the cluster. From the web you can go into the Admin console and expand the "+" icon next to the monitoring node the cluster is attached to. Click on the cluster name and it will populate the page in which you can update the SNMP string for the cluster. Apply the changes and let me know if it does not resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Randy

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hi Randy,

I still see issue is persisting, i had updated the SNMP Community string on passwords and admin page as well but no luck. How can we resolve this , if my custmer askes about the phone registration data, we could be helpless here.

Regards,

Phani

Thanks for the response Phani. At this point I would recommend opening a case with our support team as they can provide additional troubleshooting assistance to sort out this issue. Specifically there are some cluster related logs within Prognosis that can pinpoint errors with performing SNMP walks of devices.

Let me know if you need any assistance with getting a case logged.

Thanks,

Randy

Randy Andrews