cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Insight not recognizing Cisco nexus 7000 switches. how to ?

Sobhi_Maalaoui
05 Base Camper

Path Insight not recognizing Cisco nexus 7000 switches. how to ?

Hello,
I would like to use Path Insight to monitor some interfaces of my Nexus 7k cluster. how should I proceed?
Path-Insight-vs.-nexus-7000.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Path Insight not recognizing Cisco nexus 7000 switches. how to ?

Hi.

Prognosis uses SNMP to poll devices so I would first start with ensuring SNMP is set up properly on the Nexus devices. You can find details here from Cisco to assist in validating the configuration: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configurati...

Once validated, use the Path Insight "Poll Device" utility to validate you can succesfully SNMP walk the device. You can launch this utility by RDPing to the Path Insight server and navigating to the Path insight directory. This is generally under <install drive>\Program files(x86)\IR\Path Insight. double click the "PollDevice.exe" file to open. Input the device IP address and related SNMP details:

PollDevice.JPG

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
Senior Professional Services Consultant
MCSA Office 365, MCSE Communications, MCSE Productivity

View solution in original post

Thanks Randy - another great "How to post" for all Prognosis users. This post will not also be visible from accepted solutions

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Thanks Todd De Rosa - IR Community Manager

3 REPLIES 3

Hi.

Prognosis uses SNMP to poll devices so I would first start with ensuring SNMP is set up properly on the Nexus devices. You can find details here from Cisco to assist in validating the configuration: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/system_management/configurati...

Once validated, use the Path Insight "Poll Device" utility to validate you can succesfully SNMP walk the device. You can launch this utility by RDPing to the Path Insight server and navigating to the Path insight directory. This is generally under <install drive>\Program files(x86)\IR\Path Insight. double click the "PollDevice.exe" file to open. Input the device IP address and related SNMP details:

PollDevice.JPG

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
Senior Professional Services Consultant
MCSA Office 365, MCSE Communications, MCSE Productivity

Thanks Randy - another great "How to post" for all Prognosis users. This post will not also be visible from accepted solutions

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Thanks Todd De Rosa - IR Community Manager

Sobhi_Maalaoui
05 Base Camper

Tx! I had to upgrade PathInsight  from 7 to 8 to have the right information coming from theNexus 7000.