cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path Insight Phone monitoring

Tonia K
05 Base Camper

Path Insight Phone monitoring

Does Path insight need something special to monitor CTI Ports / Devices? or Jabber? I have gone through and had to add MAC addresses for the IP phones (regular cisco phones) but now I have Jabber, CTI and Analog phones. how do those get added? or do I just remove the IP addresses from the setup?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Path Insight Phone monitoring

Hi Tonia, please see the topic posted here: https://community.ir.com/t5/Unified-Communications/Seeing-Phone-data-in-Path-Insight/td-p/3411

This should help with your questions.

Thanks!

Randy

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
Senior Professional Services Consultant
MCSA Office 365, MCSE Communications, MCSE Productivity

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tonia, please see the topic posted here: https://community.ir.com/t5/Unified-Communications/Seeing-Phone-data-in-Path-Insight/td-p/3411

This should help with your questions.

Thanks!

Randy

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button and click like to help others find the answer, thanks.

Randy Andrews
Senior Professional Services Consultant
MCSA Office 365, MCSE Communications, MCSE Productivity

View solution in original post

AdamBerns
05 Base Camper

So this has not solved my issues.

In my  file I haved added the following two lines ( I have confrimed these to be correct from both Polycom RPRM and CUCM)

64.16.7F    Polycom
FC.FB.FB    Cisco

I have pressed the Updated button after restarting the service (Heck I restarted the server).

I have also removed all entries from my ignorelist.cfg as well.

No such things as problems, just complex answers.
AdamBerns
05 Base Camper

So I edned up opening a case on this.  Here is what was going on.

1. My licesing didn't have enought ports, so I had to re-run my ingonrelist, which now showed the port.

2. Doing an IP to MAC address (thanks Thomas for this idea), it found the MAC address and the interface.

3. Looking at the port on the switch, the interface had an IP address of the gateway used on that port.  I.E. 10.x.x.1, not the IP address of the device.  So my thinking is the following

Either

1. There is a bug with iOS that is causing this to be reporting

2. Since this port is configured for 2 VLANs (since a PC is tetherd off a phone), PI doesn't know what to do with it.  But the IP address being shown is the gateway of the phone.

No such things as problems, just complex answers.