In Path Insight, the number of devices count from Localhost vs from WebUI does not match. Meaning, if you pull up Path Insight locally from the Path Insight server and then compare it to the WebUI>Network tab>(which is Path Insight), it shows 2 different numbers that don't match. (more to come with screenshots below)
- In the SwitchMonitor.cfg (which shows ALL added devices) and what is displayed in the WebUI as mentioned above, both on the local host and from customer’s desktop are nowhere near each other.
- For example, the SwitchMonitor.cfg file shows over 800 devices added (which you cannot see)
- The WebUIs local host is 674, the WebUI from customer desktop shows 664. See screenshot below:
- The reason you're seeing the discrepancy in yellow above for Total Devices is because in orange highlight above, see the current interface count is 128,159. Total interfaces in bottom orange is what a customer is licensed for (92,580).
- Obviously it shows a huge difference which is the problem. Customer went over their licensed interfaces, similar to regular on-prem license endpoint issue
- Path Insight will show only up to that interface count (92580) and stop, hence the discrepancy.
- Ultimately, customer will need to purchase more interfaces or ignore interfaces to show all devices in the ignorelist.cfg
If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!