Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password issue after upgrade

Anon
Community Manager

Password issue after upgrade

Hello,
This is the second time that behavior happened.
I successfully completed the upgrade from 10.4 to 11.2 but only the Configuration Password create issue.
The Configuration Password are not recognized by Prognosis and I need to re-enter all manually.
Is there a limitation to use special character like * for upgrade ?

Regards,
3 REPLIES 3
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Re: Password issue after upgrade

HI Alain,

Are you just running the upgrade as per normal, or are you doing the Manual Backup, new install, restore backup routine?
The encryption of the passwords changed between V10 and V11 and if you use the above manual method, that can cause these types of problems.
- There is an extra step needed for the above manual process to work.

Let me know if you are indeed doing the backup and restore parts of the upgrade manually as per above.
Anon
Community Manager

Hi Adam
Yes I running the upgrade as per normal.

I install the patch z1040p07 then I copy the new licenses and start the upgrade.
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

HI Alain,

Okay, thanks for letting me know.
My only other thoughts on this are:

1. Ensure your 10.4 is on the latest Patch 7 before upgrading.
2. If it happens again, before retyping the passwords, can you create a support case with:
- irfax
- Install log (This should be in the directory where you ran the 11.3 Installer)
- Details about why you think the password is failing (I.e. Certain device connectivity problems?)
- Once you generate the irfax, feel free to retype the passwords to get things working again.

We will be able to see in the irfax, whether the longer encryption are applied to your password entries.