cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying SBC Cisco ASRs Web Display

MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Modifying SBC Cisco ASRs Web Display

Is there a way to remove the IPSLA Jitter or Media Resources links from the web? We do not have these features enabled at this time and it causes some confusion for people when they click on it and receive no data.
7 REPLIES 7
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Modifying SBC Cisco ASRs Web Display

HI Matthew,

so I guess you talk about the navigation on the left site of the screen, right?
You can go to the Admin part in the Webinterface, then into the Navigation section to the point at the very end "Advanced Navigation" to change/delete these.

Let us know how it goes.

advanced-navigation.png
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Thanks Stefan. I can delete it but it would be nice to be able to uncheck it instead just in case we want to add it in the future. Also, would this magically reappear after an upgrade?
Anon
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

understand, I think only the main menu where Prognosis shows the different Product lines can be used to uncheck/check this. You would be able to save the xml files responsible for this or even the xml-code to have an easier way of implementing this knowing it is more for advanced administrators. An Upgrade should to my knowledge also re-implement these custom changes.
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

How can I backup my changes so if I need to restore I can do it? Is there an xml file to backup?
Anon
Community Manager

I need to double check on that and pull some colleagues into this conversation.

Hi Matt,

As Stefan mentioned, you can either delete those items in advanced navigation or you also have the option to change the 'Parent' to 'None'. This way it becomes an orphan and won't be visible and can be brought back if needed.

Upon upgrade, prognosis does a 3 way merge of default previous version, customer version and default new version and should maintain any customization. However, if you want to keep the changes, you can find this file in \WebUI\IIS\Dashboards\prognosis.owl adv-nav.png

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Thanks Shoaib! That is exactly what I'm looking for.