cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Limitation (11.x) - VDN Window in Webui Dashboard will not load if you have more than 10k VDN's

Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Known Limitation (11.x) - VDN Window in Webui Dashboard will not load if you have more than 10k VDN's

Description: The webui does have certain documented limitations and in this case the VDN window has been seen to hit one of these limits due to an extra-ordinary amount of VDN's in the customer's environment. It is the combination of both the VDN qty and certain advanced features like multiple visual alarms and calculation fields in that window.

Symptom: When opening the VDN & Vector Dashboard, the VDN window has a spinning icon that never loads the window.

Fix: IR Support have designed a better dashboard for this and this is available on request at no charge. The dashboard itself has advantages over the existing dashboard beyond this problem too:
1. Easier to find VDN's because you have an index to filter the data based on VDN Extension
- I.e. You click on 0-9 as seen in the below screenshot, and it will only display VDN Extensions that begin with that digit
- Save you a lot of time locating 1 particular VDN
2. Loading the previous huge amounts of VDN's into this window cause hight CPU/Memory utilization and this caused some noticeable slowness
3. Fixes the above problem by removing 1 key factor (The 10k+ qty of VDN's)

Below is a screenshot of this dashboard (Customer specific data masked), but notice the 0-9 index at the top)

If you think you would benefit from this customization and would like a copy, please reply to this forum and we will send you out the zip and the instructions for deploying and publishing this to the web as a key display. If you have this solution and find it useful, let us know here too.

VDN-Key-Display-Customization-Screenshot.png
4 REPLIES 4
Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Re: Known Limitation (11.x) - VDN Window in Webui Dashboard will not load if you have more than 10k VDN's

Hi Adam

This is something I would be intersted in for my deployment of UC0 I also like the way you can filter by VDN number.
One question - why does prognosis see VDNs/vectors in a state as 'down'.

There is a lot more IR could tack on here to improve workflow- one element would be to perhaps add a link to a vector and have the option to look up associations(list usage) by clicking on the vector number perhaps?
Angel_Castaneda
05 Base Camper

Re: Known Limitation (11.x) - VDN Window in Webui Dashboard will not load if you have more than 10k

Adam,

I'd be interested to try this out. 

Thank you,

Angel Castaneda

RickS
Staff

Re: Known Limitation (11.x) - VDN Window in Webui Dashboard will not load if you have more than 10k

I know of a few reasons we would show a VDN impacted.  One is that there is no vector destination configured in the VDN, second when the Vector configured in the VDN does not exist. 

From a Vector perspective.  Vector down is when we recognized that the step logic will not complete successfully, or degraded if there are any non reachable/orphaned steps

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Thanks Rick

However, it is not possible to add a VDN without mapping a vector to it(default is normally 1) or could it be the vector has no valid steps to progress the call ?