In Prognosis versions 11.5 to 12.0 there is an error that can be seen in the WVLOG indicating a problem with certificates. The error will have text containing:
Error setting client certificate for socket
If this error is seen within these versions it may be due to a hardcoded expiration date in the certificates for Rabbit MQ. The certificates have a hardcoded expiration date of January 1, 2022. This error can be resolved by deploying the below single file hotfix and regenerating the Rabbit MQ certificates.
You can download the hotfix here.
Instructions for hotfix deployment:
- Extract the file openssl.cnf from the hotfix zip file and replace the existing one located under \Prognosis\Server\Configuration\utils\rabbitmq\
*It is recommended to rename the original file before copying the hotfix file to that location.
**Ensure the hotfix file is not blocked under the file properties in Windows.
- Follow the instructions in this RabbitMQ troubleshooting online help topic to generate the new self-signed certificates and apply it to the MESSAGING configuration.
- Format the certificates for upload to the MESSAGING configuration in Prognosis.
*If you are going to insert the license text into the Prognosis Client GUI you can leave the line breaks as they are.
**If you are using the WebUI we have created a script to help format the file. You can see the instructions for using that Powershell Script here.
- Copy and paste the configuration into the MESSAGING configuration in Prognosis and start that configuration.
- Stop and start the Prognosis RabbitMQ service from the Windows Services Contol Panel.
- In the WebUI administration page select your node again and click on the Manage Prognosis Regions button. If you are still seeing certificate errors click the Apply Configuration.
If my answer helped you please give this post a like and select the "Accept Solution" button to help others find the solution.