cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any sequence followed by prognosis CUC API to connect to CUC?.

Thiyagu
IR Partner

Is there any sequence followed by prognosis CUC API to connect to CUC?.

Hi,

CUC (v9.1.2) status is showing as not contactable in Prognosis even though SNMP walk is fine, but SSH and SOAP web access is not working. There are three protocols (SNMP,SSH,SOAP) used to collect the information from the CUC by prognosis. Are Prognosis CUC collectors requires all the protocol connection to be established to show as contactable?.

Is there any sequence followed by prognosis CUC API to connect to CUC?. If so, is it necessary as all the protocols are independent?.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Martin_Smith
Staff

Re: Is there any sequence followed by prognosis CUC API to connect to CUC?.

Hi Thiyagarajan.

A few things to check/confirm up front (apologies is you have done all this, but I do not want to assume..!) :

- is Prognosis using the CUC Admin account credentials to access CUC, or did you create a specific account for Prognosis?
- two services NEED to be runing on CUC:
1) SNMP Master Agent servie (activated on all servers in cluster)
2) SOAP - Performance Monitoring APIs service (Activate on all servers in the cluster)
- have the SNMP (V1/V2c or V3) credentials been checked/set correctly, i.e. agree with those then set when adding the CUC cluster to the Monitopring server in Prognosis Admin (though I note your comment that the SNMP walk is ok, so this is unlikely to be the problem)

I would suggest that, if you created a specific account for prognosis, you try setting Prognosis up to use the Admin Account, temprorarily, to see if that resolves the issue with the SOAP/API access or not.

BR,
ms.
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Is there any sequence followed by prognosis CUC API to connect to CUC?.

Not contactable for CUC is mainly a reflection on not being able to gain access for SOAP Perfmon which is one of the main sources of monitoring for CUC. If I have to rank the 3 interfaces, I would say:

1. SOAP Perfmon: it covers things like CPU, memory, services, port monitoring and various message in and out count
2. SSH: it covers things like user/mailbox and sizing
3. SNMP: not use in a major way, but some basic version numbers of CUC etc.

If it is marked not contactable, it is an indication of something not right with the SOAP perfmon access.
Hope this helps.