cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to clear the existing entries in the PROBLEM / PROBSUM records?

GeraldC
Hero

Is there a way to clear the existing entries in the PROBLEM / PROBSUM records?

Although it should not be necessary to remove PROBLEM records, this may be desirable after, for example, a period of testing. PROBLEM, PROBSUMC and PROBSUM records can be deleted with 'irclean partial'. However, irclean also removes other items that you'll need to manually restart aftewards, so it is important to save all running analysts, thresholds, databases before running irclean so that you can manually restart them afterwards. Some thresholds and analysts may trigger new alerts on being restarted (that may also go into the cleared PROBLEM, PROBSUMC and PROBSUM records with new problem ID numbers etc).

HTH
2 REPLIES 2
ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Re: Is there a way to clear the existing entries in the PROBLEM / PROBSUM records?

It is important to note when you run these the number will reset so if you are tracking tickets / incidents by this number it can throw off some tracking systems.. especially if integrated with a third party ticketing systems. So if for example you are on like 208993 and then do an IRCLEAN these you will loose your numbering.. and this will likely mess with any other external ticketing if you do this.

I can confirm that the AUTOAN parameter of IRCLEAN does NOT reset this number too..but a 'partial' or 'full' DOES reset the number.

Note: That AIM/ATM Manager tickets are treated a bit differently and so while they are similar and are not cleaned by a 'Partial' or a 'Full'. You need to do a 'irclean aim' (dangerous) they blow away all tickets and I believe reset the number back to 1.

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to clear the existing entries in the PROBLEM / PROBSUM records?

It is possible to run 'IRCLEAN DISPATCH' which has similar results without stopping all of the databases/thresholds, etc. It is minimally invasive and specic to clearing dispatch manager related alerts.