cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor web certificates for expiration

Cedric_Jackson
08 Mountaineer

How to monitor web certificates for expiration

How can I monitor CA Certificates to ensure that they are not reaching end of life.
4 REPLIES 4
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Re: How to monitor web certificates for expiration

Cedric,

how do you currently ensure the above? Do you run a powershell command to look at a certificate and its attributes? Or is it done via CLI or web portal. Depending on how you do it manually, we may be able to automate it and alert on it.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Cedric_Jackson
08 Mountaineer

Shoaib,

Currently we rely on a manual process that captures the expiration date at the time of issuance. This works ok, but is not fail proof.
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Cedric,

we can automate your manual process and alert on when expiration is approaching. Check with your account manager so that we can scope the work further and provide LoE on it.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

This seems to overlap with this post below asked by someone else as well which I just replied to and definitely seems like something we could definitely do as an custom solution. I posted some questions on what other type of information they'd like to be captured in addition to the expiration.

https://online.prognosis.com/forum/avaya/using-prognosis-to-manage-certificate-expiry/

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.