cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get email alerts to warn me before Prognosis starts shutting down due to license exceeded?

Community Manager

How can I get email alerts to warn me before Prognosis starts shutting down due to license exceeded?

I don't often check the Prognois log wvlog.txt - can Prognosis send me an email alert when I get these kind of wvlog events?

The License entitlement has been exceeded. 21 days remaining before Prognosis is shutdown
The License entitlement has been exceeded. Current User licenses used (4167) exceeds entitled User licenses (4000). Please contact Integrated Research Support.
The License entitlement has been exceeded. 6 days remaining before Web UI is disabled

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How can I get email alerts to warn me before Prognosis starts shutting down due to license excee

Yes. One way is to add email alerting to the out-of-box LicenseAnalyst using the following steps and attached files.

1. Prognosis Client connected to the top managing node.
  2. Open Properties of the running LicenseAnalyst
    02.png
  3. Click [Save As ..] to keep a copy of it as a backup.
  4. Select Analyst Rules tab:, 
  5. Right-click and Select All
    04a.png
  6. Delete the entire text.
  7. Copy text from attached file “LicenseAnalyst with Email alerts added.txt”
  8. Paste that text into the Analyst
    06.png
  9. Click Start
    07.png
  10. In the DISPMAN config, add your email server in, and a Person entity with your email address, then add the person into the EMAIL group.  

--------------------- now you’re ready to validate it by putting in test wvlog events that should trigger the alert email as follows ---------------------

11. To test it save the attached “Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt” to :\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\
  12. Take a copy of “wvlog.txt” so it can be put back if accidentally gets deleted;
  13. Edit the time stamps in “Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt” so that it is current date and a bit ahead of current time;
  14. Enter the following command to append it to wvlog by launching cmd.exe and entering (change “F:” to the drive letter where Prognosis is installed):
    F:
    cd    \Prognosis\Server\Configuration
    type   "Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt"   >>   wvlog.txt

15. Verify that an alert was dispatched: Welcome to Prognosis > Prognosis Server > Prognosis Status > Dispatch.
  16. And that an email lands in your inbox.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How can I get email alerts to warn me before Prognosis starts shutting down due to license excee

Yes. One way is to add email alerting to the out-of-box LicenseAnalyst using the following steps and attached files.

1. Prognosis Client connected to the top managing node.
  2. Open Properties of the running LicenseAnalyst
    02.png
  3. Click [Save As ..] to keep a copy of it as a backup.
  4. Select Analyst Rules tab:, 
  5. Right-click and Select All
    04a.png
  6. Delete the entire text.
  7. Copy text from attached file “LicenseAnalyst with Email alerts added.txt”
  8. Paste that text into the Analyst
    06.png
  9. Click Start
    07.png
  10. In the DISPMAN config, add your email server in, and a Person entity with your email address, then add the person into the EMAIL group.  

--------------------- now you’re ready to validate it by putting in test wvlog events that should trigger the alert email as follows ---------------------

11. To test it save the attached “Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt” to :\Prognosis\Server\Configuration\
  12. Take a copy of “wvlog.txt” so it can be put back if accidentally gets deleted;
  13. Edit the time stamps in “Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt” so that it is current date and a bit ahead of current time;
  14. Enter the following command to append it to wvlog by launching cmd.exe and entering (change “F:” to the drive letter where Prognosis is installed):
    F:
    cd    \Prognosis\Server\Configuration
    type   "Text to append into wvlog to test LicenseAnalyst Email alerts.txt"   >>   wvlog.txt

15. Verify that an alert was dispatched: Welcome to Prognosis > Prognosis Server > Prognosis Status > Dispatch.
  16. And that an email lands in your inbox.

HTH

View solution in original post