Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOw to Remove alering for paricular service

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

HOw to Remove alering for paricular service

Hello Team,

My customer wants remove monitoring for paritcular service as thery are not using them, we are receiving the alerts on them freequently. So please guide me how to remove alerting on paritcular service and on a perticular node. Is this possible?

services.JPG

Regards,

Phani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Re: HOw to Remove alering for paricular service

5 REPLIES 5

@PhanindraAtchi you can tweak the threshold that is triggering the alert to ignore the particular service. what threshold and condition is triggering the alert for you?

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Phani,

We see this one hit support a lot.

The best place to stop the alert regarding Services that are not running is to edit the Availability Configuration on the server that is sending the alerts.

You will see some SERVICE ADDSERVICE (<servicename>) entries. Just locate the one for the service you no longer want alerts on and comment it out or delete it from the coinfiguration. Click start and problem solved.

If this solves your issue, please use "Accept as Solution" so other community users know what worked for you.

Example:

Availability Example.JPG

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hello Adam/Shoib,

I am looking for the services which are related to UC deivices, i dont see the required services in the AVAILABILITY configuration to disable or delete. The alerts are triggering with the threshold "CMA Server Alerts. threshold.JPG

Here i also wants to know that there are two CUP servers found on services TAB , but we are not onboarded these servers in prognosis and these servers are not in our managed list. i want to remove those servers also. Let know know how to remove the servers in services tab also.

services.JPG

Thanks

phani

Adam_Annen
Community Manager

You would need to edit the where clause on the cmaServerAlerts condition called CiscoServiceDown and put an appropriate where clause that filters out the items you wish to exclude.

Something like: STATUSE  = 0 AND SRVNAME <> "Cisco XCP Directory Service"

Phani, If you are unfamiliar with editing documents like this, I highly recommend some training from our consulting department. It is a valuable area to get trained in.

DIsable Cisco Service.JPG

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide