Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency (911) Alert

Christopher_Chi
05 Base Camper

Emergency (911) Alert

Hi all,

Is there a way to create a Emergency Call alert where the email message contains the extension that made the call AND have the user's name included? I have the standard alert working and I can get the extension to display but have no way to get the user's name associated with that extension to display in the alert at this time. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. The next part of this, is to be able to get the alert to also display a location from where the call was made... IE "A 911 call was placed from extension 12345 buy John Doe located in the Front Office". Any help here would be most appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Emergency (911) Alert

Do you have AvayaCDRs coming into Prognosis?
Christopher_Chi
05 Base Camper

Hi,

Yes we have the CDR's coming in as that is how we get the 911 alert to begin with.  The issue is, how can we get the alert to display the users location and not just who they are and what there extension is.  I've heard that if we could join two displays together, this would be possible but the information on how to do any of this is not readily availble as far as I can tell.

ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Hi Christopher, independent of if you are getting the exact data today in your product if you have a database, CSV file, or really any other open data source there are a couple of options.

1) Consulting can build you a PACE solution to link different data sources into a single record that would take existing data and supplemental data and put it into a single record so that it can be utilized for alerting in a threshold, in a display, or any other component of Prognosis.

2) Through the use of a Prognosis Analyst  and a basic Prognosis Extractor to bring in the supplemental data you can generate your 911 Alert with any and all supplemental data in a fairly verbose and customizable alert.  We haven't done it for a 911 Alert (that I am aware of) but we and our customers have done this otpion several times.  For example one I recently did using this method is for ATM Cash Machines, when they hit a certain fault or a certain cash level dispatch to different people based on the fault and then also tell them where the ATM is as well as information from a secondary data source about how to access it. A 911 alert could work very similarly as long as we have a single unique key like an extension or something to key off of and a data source.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.