Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different results searching conversations using SIP URI and Phone Number

MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Different results searching conversations using SIP URI and Phone Number

Complaint from one of our SfB Engineers:

I can search for a given individual, for example myself, with the SIP URI and only see conferences and peer to peer sessions with other SIP URI’s. Now, if I search by my phone number, which is directly associated with my Skype for Business account, I get a totally different grouping of information. I would understand the two views if the applications did not correlate between the SIP URI and the phone number, but Prognosis is capable of correlating the SIP URI with the phone number.

Another interesting thing I found is that it has separated an App Sharing Session from the Audio Session as well. When I searched by SIP URI I was not presented the audio component of that session. When I searched by my phone number, I now see the audio part. Interestingly, since we were doing a desktop sharing in this session, I physically saw him call me via “Skype for Business Call” and not by my phone number, so I am not sure why the audio component fell under the phone number view.
4 REPLIES 4
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Different results searching conversations using SIP URI and Phone Number

Matt,
If you use the global search window with the filter of "Skype Users: " and add the SIP URI after the colon, it should look up the LDAP user name and be able to go to the conversations for that LDAP name, which I beleive that will show all.
MattAnderson
05 Base Camper

Added attachment to help clarify things:

skype-search.png
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for letting me know this problem is still outstanding. I have reached out internally to get information on this. If needed I will create a support case.
Anon
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

there maybe folks that can add more information on this but some thoughts to help give an understanding. Prognosis does collect LDAP information to know the user ID, Phone number and SIP URI kept in a LyncUsers record. Now there are 2 kind of searched. The global search looking at all endpoints, users, extensions, systems and the Conversation List search (with its SIP URI field) looking for the SIP URI within a specific Skype session.

As you use the Conversation list search Prognosis will just check all the SIP URIs but not correlate that with user information and the phone number. Only if the SIP URI is shown as the phone number (e.g. +15678234890@company.com or +49472894914373@10.10.10.10) you will get these as part of the results because Skype itself does store this data in this way within SQL. These are also typically sessions between Mediation Server and trunk showing the number as part of the SIP URI.

When you go for the global search first we do correlate and can drill into the Conversation List from there but not the other way arround for the moment.

Let us know if that helps