cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration help with SQL Mirroring and SQL Always on instances of Skype for Business

Cory_Wagner
IR Partner

Configuration help with SQL Mirroring and SQL Always on instances of Skype for Business

Looking to see if there is special configuration items for IR with clients with SQL Mirroring or SQL Always on deployed in a enviroment.  How to monitor it and how to configure IR to get the data still in a failover state. 

1 REPLY 1
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Re: Configuration help with SQL Mirroring and SQL Always on instances of Skype for Business

Hi Cory,

I may be able to shed light on this partially for you with the below KB note I created a while ago:

Can Prognosis pull data from a mirrored (Read-only) database server for the LCSCDR and QOEMETRICS?
Solution: Yes, you need to adjust the DEFINE SQL_PROFILE line to point to that secondary server and have an additional connection string entry called “ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly” 
I.e.
DEFINE SQL_PROFILE(SAMPLE:LyncSql, "Url=odbc: Driver={SQL Server};Server=sample.customer.net\instance2;Integrated Security=SSPI;ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly")

On top of the above, please note that the SQL driver usually needs a later release installed and defined in the Driver portion of the above line too.

There are 4 really good topics on advanced SQL in the following online help link too:

https://help.prognosis.com/prognosis/117/optional-configurations-for-skype-for-business-25171374.htm...

I hope this helps.

Adam