Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Cluster Names

Anon
Community Manager

Changing Cluster Names

Good morning IR Support

I have one question around an IPT cluster and its nodes. A couple of our customers has been changing the names of there Cisco call managers and the components there off. However the IP address for the customer environments have remained the same. The question that I have is:

How do we change the device names in Prognosis for the customer devices and the cluster name? if we change them we get an error that the IP address are duplicate.

Thanks

Kevin
2 REPLIES 2
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Changing Cluster Names

Kevin Oelofsen said
Good morning IR Support

I have one question around an IPT cluster and its nodes. A couple of our customers has been changing the names of there Cisco call managers and the components there off. However the IP address for the customer environments have remained the same. The question that I have is:

How do we change the device names in Prognosis for the customer devices and the cluster name? if we change them we get an error that the IP address are duplicate.

Thanks

Kevin  

Hi Kevin,

Great to see you on the forum.

To change the names of the Cisco Servers
- Navigate to D:\Prognosis\Server\Configuration
- Locate the ini file for the cluster (irclustername.ini)
- Change the name of FirstNode(Publisher) in the ini file
• ONLY the Publisher gets changed in the ini file.
• Save the changes
- Change the names in the Configuration file in prognosis, change in the ADD APPLIANCE lines for each server
• Be sure to change the Publisher and the Subscribers in the configuration
• Click Start, will get an error.
- The you can bounce the collector for that cluster
• If you do that the old server names will show under Entire network until a prognosis service restart
- BEST would be to close the GUI and restart Prognosis service
- Once all changes are made, to force the changes to the WebUI
• Navigate to C:\Prognosis\WebUI\IIS\Administration\Config
• Delete the file ircfg-{nodename}.xml
• Open the WebUI in Administration
• Click on the + next to the node name to generate a new xml file.

NOTE: clustername in irclustername is going to be custom to you.

If you have any issues please contact IR Support.
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Re: Changing Cluster Names

Hi Kevin,

Just to clarify here.
1. The cluster name in Prognosis is just a label and doesn't neccesarily need to match the CUCM.
2. In Prognosis you can change publisher and subscriber names but not the cluster name
- To rename the publisher name, it is as per Levon's direction
- Subscriber names can be just edited in the Cluster Configuration (I'd recommend a Prognosis Service restart afterwards though to flush out the old entries)
3. If you really did want to rename the whole cluster name, you would need to first remove the cluster and then re-add it.
- If you do get errors about remnants preventing it being re-added, we can fix this on a support case. It usually happens if the removal process wasn't done properly (Be patient and let the removal and add scripts fully complete).