cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing the correct amount of phones

Tonia K
05 Base Camper

Capturing the correct amount of phones

I have several systems that I am trying to get Path Insight to work correctly on . I am still not being successful. However now that I have the correct number of licenses on a particular system I have 42 phones in the CUCM device count. (phones) When i set up the Path Insight i had to add MAC addresses to the OUI. and still only 2 phones come up in Path Insight. Any Ideas ? I have had several cases open and not really coming to any resolution as I still cannot setup the systems correctly.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Capturing the correct amount of phones

Hi Tonia,

I think we'll need to gather some site specific information to try and identify why these interfaces are not being displayed. Some things that immediate spring to mind is if those devices are on a different subnet that may not be allowing SNMP data through. Or the devices themselves are not able to supply SNMP data (we could try to perform a basic SNMP walk to test/validate). I see you've already logged a case to report this, which is probably the best way to investigate this behaviour in more detail.

Regards,
Scott
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Capturing the correct amount of phones

Tonia,

along with the MAC addresses in the OUI filtering, we need to receive bridge table data from the switch to capture the phone information from the switch. If you are still having issues with seeing phones, click the word "Poll" in the upper right hand part of the Path Insight display. This is a hidden link that will take you to a screen showing device polling data. Locate the switch in question and validate that you are receiving data in the "bridge Table" section.

Randy