Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of Prognosis component

Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

Backup of Prognosis component

Hi,

Can anyone please share the best practices for backup (and restore) of Prognosis as an tool/application including all its components. Is there sequence needs to follow while backup/restore procedure. Please share is there any document/link available for reference.

Regards,
Makesh
7 REPLIES 7
Anon
Community Manager

Re: Backup of Prognosis component

Hi Makesh,

The backup process would be included as part of the upgrade process.

Here is something you can grab from the online help:

Home > Deployment and Installation > Installation > Server on MS Windows > Upgrade Installation > Upgrade Process

Regards

Jitesh
Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

Hi Jitesh,

Thanks for the response.

Here I'm not referring to backup procedure during upgrade. I'm looking for regular backup process (on daily basis or schedule basis) at tool level such as taking backup of Prognosis components, displays, thresholds, configuration files, etc. Do we have any standard procedure or best practices of taking backup of prognosis application/tool.

Regards,
Makesh
Shoaib_Dilawar
12 Sherpa

Makesh,

Same backup process can be used to regularly backup prognosis. One way would be to have a scheduler in windows or prognosis (threshold) that triggers the backup process, e.g, every Sunday morning.

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
Makesh Natesan
05 Base Camper

Hi Shoaib,

Thanks for the response.

Do we have any document available for the schedule backup (using Prognosis threshold) where I can refer the steps needs to be followed.

Regards,
Makesh
GeraldC
Hero

Hi Makesh
Glad you asked. You're right that the current documentation only shows what to back up. Scheduling of backups is left to the user depending on what backup software you prefer to use or if you would like to utilize the Prognosis threshold feature as part of it or use your optimisation hours for IR to implement something for you. Let us know if you would like to try using the Prognosis threshold feature. If so then we can suggest things you can try. Smile
HTH
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Hi Makesh,

I thought I had a topic in here already on the exact steps. I will create a topic on the backup and restore commands now for you and other customer's.
- It is very simple and very powerful.

Give me some time and I will let you know the link for the new topic here as well.
Adam_Annen
Community Manager

Okay here is the new topic Makesh:

https://online.prognosis.com/forum/py-installation-and-configuration/prognosis-backup-restore-commands/#p1941