cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya Session Manager MIBS

Cedric_Jackson
08 Mountaineer

Avaya Session Manager MIBS

I have questions regarding deploying new MIBS.

1. Do I need to replace same-named MIBS?

2. Can I copy the  MIBS as they are 12 different MIBS in 3 folders  (can I leave them in their existing folders)

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Avaya Session Manager MIBS

Hi @Cedric_Jackson ,

Can you please provide a bit more detail as it isn't clear what MIBs you're deploying or where?

If they're MIBs you're defining for use with traps being receiving by Prognosis, they may need to reside in teh sme folder (snmpmibs). 

If they're MIBs Prognosis is using for data collection via SNMP walk, you won't be able to update these as it would also require changes to the collectors they are defined in.

Not sure if this helps. If not or you have further questions, can you please expand on what MIBs you mean and where they're currently located?

Regards,

Scott

Cedric_Jackson
08 Mountaineer

We have upgraded Avaya System & Session Manager to ver 8.1.2.  Which has a new set of MIBS.

There are a total of 12 MIBS, in 2 different folders that were downloaded from the System Manager interface

The MIBS folders are:

SM - 

SMELEM

Standard

Thanks for the additional information @Cedric_Jackson,

The collectors in Prognosis are designed to function with the MIBs that are distributed with the product and are specific to the platform/device versions that are currently supported. There's no need to update these MIBs with newer versions as it won't add anything new in Prognosis.

If the new MIBs contain additional information you would like to view and monitor in Prognosis, this could only be provided via a Product update (part of a patch or new release) or a custom solution created by our Professional Services department.

If the new MIBs define traps being generated by the System/Session Manager and you're ingesting these into Prognosis via the Trap Receiver (irsnmptr), you can place these MIB folders anywhere on the system. It might make sense to include these under the Prognosis\server\configuration\snmpmibs directory. Wherever you place these, you just need to define the location in the SNMPTRAPS configuration (as documented here).

I hope this helps clarify. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Scott