cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya SNMP discovery - due to exceeded license count ?

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Avaya SNMP discovery - due to exceeded license count ?

Hi,

My product is currently oversubscribed- we have c.9000 endpoints but only licensed for 250(we are currently going through the motions to get the renewed).

Would this stop me deleting or adding a node from the system? When I try and delete an AES via the admin page, I get this error in red.

Is this a symptom of the system slowly shutting itself down due to the license expiry?

: Error starting Configuration \\AVAYA_CONTACT
PARAMS: Type of instance and name of instance.
CAUSE: Timeout on completion of start operation. This was
possibly due to a network or process failure.
ACTION: Retry action.
\: Error starting Configuration \\AVAYA_CONTACT
PARAMS: Type of instance and name of instance.
CAUSE: Timeout on completion of start operation. This was
possibly due to a network or process failure.
ACTION: Retry action.

2 REPLIES 2
Levon_Lyons
Community Manager

Re: Avaya SNMP discovery - due to exceeded license count ?

Hello Jonathan,

When you have exceeded your license count the license will go into a countdown, the countdown will first disable your WebUI Access and then it will shut down all of prognosis. you should not have any complications adding new devices if you are only in countdown. 

The error that you show below is stating it is having an issue starting the configuration. this tells 1 of 2 things, either that you are not license for that product, which will not allow the configuration to start, or you do not have the process set to run in the PROGNOSIS configuration. you can easily check that by following the steps below.

• In the Node Navigator expand the default node > expand configurations
  • Locate and right click on PROGNOSIS and select Properties
  • On the Configuration tab, locate the line that reads SET RUN ( irAVAYA_CONTACT.EXE, N )
  • Change the N to a Y
  • Click on start to save and apply changes.
  • Click Close

Please mark this as answer if this has helped. if your SET RUN is set to a Y then please open a support ticket for and engineer to take a look for you.

If my answer helped you today, please give my post a like and be sure to mark the 'Accept Solution' button to help others find the answer!
Cheers
Levon Lyons
Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Re: Avaya SNMP discovery - due to exceeded license count ?

Hi

Following the aplication of a new license file and a reboot I am now able to remove the unwanted AES with no error messages.

Thanks