Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya - Prognosis License use/ratio by phone type

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Avaya - Prognosis License use/ratio by phone type

Hi,

Apologies but can someone direct me to the table that illustrates what type of endpoint(IP,2500, x port etc) and how many Prognosis licences it consumes? I have been sent this before and I cant locate it.

I have previously seen a table that shows how many Prognosis licences are consumed for each endpoint type.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Re: Avaya - Prognosis License use/ratio by phone type

Thank you Scott for the clarification and support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Hello @Jonathan_Mc,

There are a few places Prognosis Platform Licensing shows.

This a IR Collaborate Web UI link to see the Licenses consumed (replace <PrognosisWebSeverName> with correct name):
https://<PrognosisWebSeverName>/Prognosis/Dashboard/IPT%20-%20Licenses%20Used?defaultnode=Current&ve... 

The exact breakdown of the various Licenses used by phone in Avaya CM shows toward the end of an irfax.

Please let me know if different information is needed.

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Hi Scott

Its not the license status i need to see - I was previously given a table which shows how many licences are consumed by the Avaya endpoint type. As I believe some endpoint only acquire 0.5 of a license.

It looked like it came out of a manual on something.

Thanks

SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Hello @Jonathan_Mc,

The description sounds like the AVSTATUS Output from an irfax. The AVSTATUS Output table is near the end of an irfax.

A Managing Node irfax will contain data from all the Monitoring Nodes connected to the Managing Node at the time the irfax is generated.

Example output (the Avaya CM names have been blurred out, with each Avaya CM group boxed in red):

Avaya CM irfax License table.jpg

Please let me know if the above is the expect data or if something else is desired.

Please create a new irfax and upload it to the case or attach it to an email reply, instructions are below:

Process to create an irfax in Windows:

1. Use File Explorer to navigate to the \Prognosis\Server\Configuration directory.
  2. Double click the irfax.bat file.
    A command window will open and run irfax.bat.
    Once the window returns to a command prompt or closes the irfax is complete.
  3. A ZIP file will be created in the same directory using the following naming convention: irfax-<ComputerName>-<DateTime>.zip.

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Thanks Scott - I havent seen this before either. This is really useful.

I also found the table I was referring too - see attached

Last question - based on the attachment table, if I had a station type Xport but using a port type of 2500 - how many licences would this configuration consume?prog Table.PNG

best regards

Jon

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

I have just run an IR fax and I dont see that data around whihc licences are in use - our system is currently in license error mode so could that be why?

Or is that only avalable on a specfic version(we are running 11.3)

Regards

SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Hello @Jonathan_Mc ,

If the port type is set to 2500, then these configured stations would consume 1 License for every 10 stations even though the physical port is set to "x".

Prognosis being in License Error mode prevents the PQL command from returning data.

I believe it is possible to create an irfax on each of the Monitoring Nodes to view the License consumption on a per Monitoring Node basis instead of using an irfax on the Managing Node.

Thank you,

Scott Baldwin

Jonathan_Mc
IR Partner

Thank you Scott for the clarification and support

View solution in original post