cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya - IP address to extension translation

Ted
05 Base Camper

Avaya - IP address to extension translation

Sometimes the Avaya Voice Streams displays the "Remote" as an IP Address. I know this is an Avaya IP Phone. Most of the time I see the IP Phone extension.

Is there a reason why I see the IP Phone IP Address instead of the actual extension? 

2 REPLIES 2
Ted
05 Base Camper

Re: Avaya - IP address to extension translation

I think I figured this out. These are my Ascom SIP Phones and SAT doesn't provide any data on SIP Phones. This would have to come from System Manager as only it knows about SIP station IP Addresses.

Is there any way to for Prognosis to get info from System Manager?

SCOTT_BALDWIN
Expert

Re: Avaya - IP address to extension translation

Hi @Ted,

The source of the data in the Voice Stream Dashboards is from RTCP data.

Some items to be aware of:

1. Typically, the phone endpoint will include the extension in the RTCP data.
  2. If the far end SIP endpoint is not a phone (most common), then the far end is typically does NOT include the extension, only IP address and Port used.
  3. Avaya SIP endpoints can be registered to a Session Manager or an Avaya SBCE.

If the endpoints are registered to a Session Manager, then IR Collaborate shows the Voice Streams for these devices in the IR Collaborate Web UI using the following:

1. Drilldown on the System/Session Manager link in the left list.
  2. The Voice Streams associated with all the System Manager should show in the SIP Voice Streams window of the Dashboard.
  3. Drilldown on the number in the SIP Voice Streams window to see the Voice Stream data.

Additional options:

• Drilldown on the System Manager to see only the SIP Voice Streams associated with 1 System/Session Manager set of servers.
    a. The list of Session Managers associated to the System Manager are shown as well as a SIP Voice Streams window specific to these servers.
    b. Drilldown on the number in the SIP Voice Streams window to see the Voice Stream data.
  • In the System/Session Manager Dashboard showing only 1 System Manager, drilldown on the SIP Registrations link in the top right of the Dashboard to see the endpoints registered to the Session Managers.

Thank you,
Scott Baldwin