Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts with unassigned customer name

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Alerts with unassigned customer name

Hello Team,

We are receving alerts with "Unassigned"customer name and we observed all these are triggering from the source "windows node" which we installed pronosis alerts .

Can we assign the customer name for these alerts ?

unassigned.jpg

Regards,

Phani

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Re: Alerts with unassigned customer name

Thank you very much shoaib , Now its working .

View solution in original post

Glad it worked Smiley Happy 

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ChristopherS
12 Sherpa

Hi, at this time I do not believe there is a way to set this after the fact with the available commands that can be issued against a Threshold alert.

The currently valid commands you can issue against a Threshold are "START, STOP, ACTIVATE or SUSPEND" but there is no 'update' that I can find.  Alerts are likely lacking this for some degree of integrity, but some of our other Alerts like ATM alerts you can update most of the fields.. but in PROBSUM customer might be the only one someone 'might' want to update.

I do see your point though on the Common->Alerts->Alerts Central Customer screen in particular where on several of the out of the box Analysts the customer field is blank and thus showing as "Unassigned". 

PROBSUM:CUSTOMER is not documented well on its source other than it needs to be set at the time or creation of the alert.  My guess is it may be copied from either a Product Specific field or a copy of the .Customer internal Meta field. 

I will try to look more into it and see if I can track down a way to do this though.. but for now I would continue with the assumption that you cannot. Knowing which Thresholds / Analysts too are generating the alert would be helpful for my follow-up.

Christopher

If my answer helped you today, please be sure to mark the resolved button to assist others.

Christopher R Souser - Solution Architect – MSci. PA, CISSP, ITIL.

Hi Phani,

For infrastructure nodes, like your monitoring/managing nodes, you can follow below tweak to assign customer name. you might have to restart prognosis for this to take effect. I did verify that it retro-assigns this value to META.CUSTOMER to older tickets as well.

Configuring Customer for Infrastructure Nodes

A customer can also be defined for a Prognosis infrastructure Node via prgini.ini file in Server/Configuration.

Once this is done and the customer is selected for that Role, users will see data for Infrastructure such as Windows Systems for example.

You need to add the following at the top of the prgini.ini file:

[globals]

Customer=<customer name goes here>

If my reply answered your question please click on the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find the answer.
Thanks,
Shoaib
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hi Shoaib ,

Thanks for your guidence , i have made the changes in given path and restarted the prognosis service .But i dont see the changes take effect on Alerts central customer . Do we need to change anything else here.

Quick reply much appriciated..

Thank,

Phani.

PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hi Shoaib ,

Thanks for your guidence , i have made the changes in given path and restarted the prognosis service .But i dont see the changes take effect on Alerts central customer . Do we need to change anything else here.

Quick reply much appriciated..

Thank,

Phani.

Tags (1)

Phani,

that was all that I did. Just to confirm, you would be doing the ini change on the moniotring node where problems are getting triggered, not the top level node.

Thanks,
Shoaib
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Shoiab ,

I couldint get you, Monitoing node in the sense " Thick clinet"?. If yes, Please navigate where to change.

Thank you,

Tags (1)
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Hi Christopher,

I had done the done the changes and renamed "unassigned" to customer name . But on the alert central page also i want to see customer name for every alert triggered on windows server.

customer.JPG 

Please let me know how to push to web

Regards,

Phani.

Tags (1)

irprgini.ini on the <prognosis>\Server\Configuration directory of the monitoring node. In other words, are you looking at the display from same node where alerts are originating?

Thanks,
Shoaib
PhanindraAtchi
10 Guide

Shoaiab,

Yes, I made the changes here, and restarted prognosis server. Correct me if iam wrong.

customer1.JPG

Let know how to push it to web ..

Afer restarting the prognosis service, i still see the alerts without customername:customer.JPG

Let me know if still do we need to do anything .

Regards

Phani

Tags (1)